Monday, November 15, 2010

My phone jumped out from my pocket and fell in the commode! :(

My phone jumped from my back pocket into the commode, while I was getting up after finishing my job! I should not have kept it there. But I was in a hurry to leave for work, so didn't bother to remove the phone. I had never imagined that I would be actually doing something that I did today to save my old buddy! Putting my hand inside the dirty commode to save my phone from dying was something that I had never experienced or done before! But I guess it is always the first time! :(

Within seconds my phone was out of the commode and again under the tap. I had to clean it with clean water. I quickly removed the battery and took the nearby hand towel to clean the parts. (JD will surely freak out after reading this.)


To my panic, my mom in law entered the room while I was busy wiping the battery. I had to tell her what had just happened by keeping a few facts censored. But she was curious to know where it fell and how? Her expressions were worth a million dollars when I told her the award winning stunt that I had done! She screamed, "SHEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee..." I wanted to correct her by adding,"...not shee...it was just 'Pee'!" But I chose to remain silent.

I kept tapping my phone to remove the 'liquid', while I left for work. Tried to revive my phone by putting the battery back and Whoa...it started but hold on...it lost its voice! I could not hear the dial tone or the radio or the ring. Gosh! I again removed the battery and took it to the repair wala. He assembled the phone and it refused to start.

Nahiiiiiiiiiiii...screamed my heart in agony. I kept starring at him with hope but that scum looked reluctant to help me. He said something that I didn’t understand but I understood that he couldn’t or didn’t want to repair it. I decided to do it myself. I removed the battery and sim from my phone and used the sanitizer to make sure that my phone was germ free. Thanks to my husband(JD) for keeping the sanitizer in my bag a week back. I left my phone for drying. After few hours, I gathered courage and reassembled my phone again and.....It CAME BACK TO LIFE! YEYYYYYYY...!! :D:D:D

5 comments:

Nandu Chitnis said...

Let me be the first to comment on this awesome story...

Congrats Rev...u will go FAR down the commode drain rehabilitaion process...

Unknown said...

oh i just loved the narration ! i m curious if your mom in law reads it :P

jaydeep-deshpande said...

you should have tried artificial resusitation - the kiss of life ;-p

Meghana said...

yaar wo prehistoric piece of stone phek do aur naya vala le lo ab...

mindlessstroll said...

wow so am not da only 1... kinda relieved after reading this